The Stichting het Da Vinci Huis is based in Netherlands and has partnered with the International Association of School Librarianship – Africa Sub Sahara region to promote the grant for a young (40 years and younger) South African school/teacher librarian, official interested in school library services and information literacy to attend the IASL Conference in Brisbane, Australia from 27 September – 1 October 2010.
The grant covers:
- Two year membership of IASL
- Traveling costs to the 2010 IASL Annual Conference
- Costs for passport/visa
- Travel insurance
- Costs for accommodation and daily allowance
- Busi Dlamini (IASL Regional Director Africa Sub Sahara)
- Prof Ina Fourie (University of Pretoria, Dept of Information Science)
- Prof Mary Nassimbeni (University of Cape Town, Centre for Information Literacy)
- Mona Niemand (LIASA, Slysig Chair)
The application for the grant must be accompanied by the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A short description of the school and school library/institution
- The reasons for the application
- A supporting document from a supervisor/principal/manager of the school/institution
Applicants should include their contact details with the application and the statement forms which can be downloaded from http://albertkb.nl/pageID_8620836.
The deadline for receipt of applications is April 30 2010.
The winner will be announced in June 2010 and will have to give a short presentation (10 minutes) of his/her expectations and needs at the IASL Conference in Brisbane. After the conference, the winner will write a report for a national/international journal.
For more information contact Busi Dlamini and her contact details are below.
Gauteng Dept. Education111